Saturday, June 20, 2020

joker movie, joaquin phoenix

tonight I watched a DVD movie, 'Joker', starring Joaquin Phoenix, a Redbox rental. some of the movies in this 'franchise' were mentioned at work this week, this is it what gave me the idea to go see one of them. and I said I had to see it when I got to the kiosk and it said this version of the character is a failed stand-up comic, as I do comedy. I started out sympathetic to this character, due to some of the things he had to deal with, but then he started killing people. besides Phoenix, I also recognized Robert DeNiro, who played a late-night talk show host. the ending of the movie left me stunned, hard to describe how I felt any other way than that. there were some characters in it that I expected to see in it, since this is considered to be part of the 'Batman' franchise, so we do see Thomas Wayne and his son, Bruce. but I did not recognize the actors who played them.
   it was a half-day at work, closing at midday at the bank due to the juneteenth. we got it all done in time, except for the lowest priority things. payroll was dropped off less than 30 minutes before we needed to go, so it will wait until monday. there was one file that was taking too long, it was the one where emails were being sent. once the huddle happened, we were given permission to skip over it and get the other files printed, which were actual checks. more than half of it was done by then. and the file picked up where it left off when we went back to it. I feel good about how well I am doing with what will be my normal duties, as I have had exposure to all except UPS label creation and the weekly deposit at the bank branch, I would expect that these will be covered next week. the trainer spoke of renting a 15-passenger van to drive to oklahoma for a funeral this weekend, where her husband is from. so she will have monday off.
   after work I drove to the walgreen in my neighborhood, hadn't been there in a while. one reason was that I was avoiding it when there was no news on the job front. but this time I had more to say, and I really wanted to see the photo employee I knew. He was my cashier, I got four food and drink items. for a while I have been trying to get just the essentials. after having lunch and laying down, I went to Hy-Vee in Eagan and picked up a few things. then I did a long walk and picked up 12 cents. the 'big bang theory' reruns were when leonard was put in charge of grant money, followed by howard building a play-house for his kid but bernadette spends a lot of time in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment