Wednesday, December 29, 2010

American Hardcore

Just watched the documentary 'American Hardcore' about the punk band scene from 1980-1986. There was mention of Rollins, also of the Misfits, as well as The Replacements and Husker Du. The DVD cover did use the term 'emo' to describe some bands, I know recently somebody said 'somebody went emo' and I was correct that it was short for 'emotional'. I sure do understand the feeling of disillusionment, I have been there. Music helps me work through things.
   There was plenty of errand running today since it was a day off, like picking up more postage stamps for holiday cards. Also picked up a pair of pants for a date, used a gift card there just like I did on the date. We ate at a Red Lobster, first time at one of those places. I recall having seafood when I was in Boston on vacation in 2001, lobster. This time I had surf and turf, crablegs and steak.
    There is so much good music out there, I like the song by Sean Combs (or whatever he calls himself now), called 'Coming Home'. 'Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday'. It's a wonderful sentiment. I first heard it last week on the way to the football game, same day I heard 'Umbrella' by Rihanna. I like finding a song on Youtube after hearing it on the radio.
   Also heard on the radio how the Metrodome won't be ready for events until March, so it means the Twins fanfest scheduled for late January will need a change of venue. No big deal to me, I'm sure they can find another suitable venue. It's a popular event.

No comments:

Post a Comment