Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bowl Gamewatch

Went to a sports bar to watch Iowa's bowl game tonight, they beat Missouri 27-24 in the Insight Bowl in Tempe, Arizona. I was bored with all of the ballyhoo on how it was the first tilt in a century, since too much of it came across as race-baiting. A lot of things have changed since 1910! Iowa led at the half, 17-10. I had attended 2 games there at Sun Devil Stadium before, in 2005. And I've seen 2 bowl games before, one of them Iowa's 2 seasons ago, the Outback Bowl in Tampa, and the other the Holiday Bowl in San Diego in late 2006. Didn't like how they were slow in getting me my food and drink order, they got a small tip from me. And the food arrived before the drink, odd since it is usually the opposite, especially when it was a bottle of beer which doesn't have to be poured.
   Earlier in the evening I asked my college roommate for advice on my social life, he did offer some helpful hints. Still need to see how everything will play out, in practice, when actually used.
   Saw an online article about emails asking for a posthumous pardon for Billy the Kid, I've noticed this has been a news story before. It of course makes me think of Emerson Hough, who wrote about the Kid and Pat Garrett in 'Story of the Outlaw', one of 6 books by or about Hough that I own.

No comments:

Post a Comment