Monday, December 13, 2010

DQ Blizzard Odyssey

I went back to a mall location today to use a Blizzard coupon, the equipment still was broken so I was advised to try another location and finally got what I was looking for- ironic to get these after a real blizzard. Also had an eye appointment today, memorable since the heat was out and they called me first asking if I wanted to reschedule. But I had my cellphone turned off and didn't know until I got there, so I decided to go ahead with the appointment with my coat on.
  It was a day off from work, got some other errand running done like dishes and recycle and trash. But it was a challenge to get the recycle dropped off, the dumpster was cardboard only, got changed recently. So I trudged through the snow to find an available one at a nearby building. Toilet wasn't running properly, called in a work order and it was fine when I got back from my appointment. After using up the salt I decided to turn my attentions to another item: some rice and barley soup I got as a holiday gift from when I lived in Little Canada for one year. Don't know why I hadn't tried it any earlier, it had been 6 years. I opened the jar and put the mix in a big pot along with just as much water and cooked it up. Unsure how many servings are in it, I've put one in my lunch for work on Tuesday. Probably at least 2 more left, based on how much fit in a plastic container.
    The footage from the Metrodome roof collapse keeps getting shown on the news, and it is a front page picture for not just the Twin City papers but also USA Today. It was also part of the top story on ABC's Nightline show, as it was a big snowstorm in Indiana as well. Naturally it was a part of the story of the Vikings-Giants game tonight, moved to Detroit. Giants won 21-3. It was a slow going to get to the comedy club, didn't make it in time so I turned around and went home. First I stopped at Porky's in St. Paul, I had went there before after reading about it in a book by comedian Louie Anderson. I ate in a rush then and wanted to take the time to enjoy it this time. I ordered fries this time with the pulled pork sandwich and a large drink, Sierra Mist, instead of a shake like before. Tasted fine, had to ask for ketchup packets, and a big part of the drink was ice. Finished some art for work, the Fish training, used colored pencils on a drawing of a fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment