Friday, December 17, 2010

Schedule Adjustment

I found out there was limited options on my replacement on Monday when I had a full day off approved. So I decided to change my schedule and will be doing a half-day and leaving at noon. Then I still have plenty of time to head over to Minneapolis and hopefully get in to see the Bears-Vikings game at the Gopher stadium. At lunch I picked up 2 postcards at a Walgreen, of the University of Minnesota and of the football venue, TCF Bank Stadium. It serves as a beginning of the souvenirs from a historic day. As expected, they no longer need people to help with the snow shoveling at the stadium. It moved along quickly, plenty of people willing to help as it was a job, and I knew I wouldn't be available to help right away. Sounded like it was a little chaotic there. I trust there will be plenty of police on game night to keep order. I got an email from the Vikings about the game since I am a ticketholder. I didn't like the wording though, since it said 'response required' and it should have said 'requested'. But it was wanting to know if I planned on using my ticket, and it was a survey. My guess is they're trying to find out what kind of crowd to expect, since there is a chance that some will be turned away when it's smaller seating capacity than the Metrodome. Hard to say what crowd can be expected, there have been plenty of news stories on TV, online, and in the papers about upset ticketholders. It's due to the general admission policy, because of the change of venue. So some may stay at home, also due to the cold weather and the fact that no beer will be sold at the stadium.
   I did some more prep work for the photo shoot, more cleanup like sweeping and putting some things away in closets. It's nearly ready the way I want it. Also did the dishes earlier than normal in the week, I often wait until Sunday, wanted an empty sink. And I heard from a classmate on Facebook that shared a video, more media attention in my hometown, due to the '60 Minutes' story. It was the military veteran and his collegiate daughter, on 'the view' or 'the talk'. I did share some with her about my life, we hadn't talked much since college.  

No comments:

Post a Comment