Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wait and See on Venue

The news informed me the Bears-Vikings game will be moved to the Gopher stadium, staying in Minneapolis. Must wait and see about if I am getting in to the game, since the college stadium has about 10,000 fewer seats and I'm not a season ticket holder. I have seen some NFL games at college stadiums before. My first Bears games I attended were played in Champaign during the 2002 season, against the Saints, Lions, and Jets. I recall going to a class reunion that summer and somebody said 'you've lived in Chicago for 4 years and haven't seen a Bears game?' Surprised to hear it since they knew it was my favorite team. I said I figured it was hard to get tickets for, and it is if you wait too long. But I figured it would be easier that year at a temporary home, since Soldier Field was being renovated, and I was right. I know I will get more information soon as I am on the email list for the Vikings, as I regularly order tickets despite it just being for the Bears game each year. There was one year where I ordered a 2-game package, included an exhibition game against the Cowboys, to ensure I would get in to the Bears game. It was the 2007 season. The news spoke of possibly adding temporary bleachers to deal with the difference in seating capacity, my guess is they don't want to have to turn away people who bought tickets months ago, like I had before the season began.
    It was a fairly routine day at work, back in the office after having Friday and Monday off. Didn't take long to finish my share of the payoff reports, so it was special projects, auditing files, for the rest of the day. Signed myself up for a potluck as well, bringing pineapple.
     I made it back to the comedy club tonight, joked how I had to after missing the previous 2 nights. Didn't want people starting rumors how I might be in a hospital, jail, or graveyard after the weekend blizzard. One comic told a joke about being in prison for a short time, and I couldn't stop laughing after he told it. Seeing one comic friend was nice, it helped me with plenty of material and hopefully we will do another comedy duet soon. I liked being introdcued to another comic, informed he was part of the site where one of my clips was shown, never saw myself 'working the refs' but I did in hopes of getting more exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment