Thursday, December 2, 2010

Email Warnings

I had an odd email waiting for me this morning at work, asking me to update tax information. It looked on the level since it had the company name imprinted in the link to click on. When I did it said if it was a real phishing email it would have led to being quarantined. I didn't enter any personal information or passwords, so I should be fine. Found out I wasn't the only one duped by it. There were some bagels left from a celebration on Wednesday, when I had 3, so I had 1 more. It was for winning a fundraising contest during the United Way campaign in October.
   On Facebook I saw a posting from a comedian friend about being in Wisconsin doing some shows, almost thought about going there to see one of them. But the distance wasn't the thing keeping me away- the impending weather and getting a date scheduled for the weekend prevents me from going. Guess I will be seeing one of his shows out of town about 50 miles away in January, but a road trip for a comedy show would definitely be fun. Same one who calls me some odd names and reminds me of people I knew in high school, but if he didn't like me he'd ignore me. Dinner and a movie is what I have planned for Saturday's date.
    This week I liked watching a Playlist feature on ABC's 'Nightline' show. It was with country singer Brad Paisley, not too familiar with his music but I liked some of the songs he mentioned like 'Money For Nothing' by Dire Straits and 'Black Parade' by My Chemical Romance. I decided to find 'Parade' on Youtube, it's nice to be able to find just about any song there.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment