Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holiday Cards and Potluck

I was a little behind on going through my mail, including Christmas cards. One of them was from my dad, and he spoke about the Metrodome collapse in the card. He said it would be a bad situation but then there are people who can clean up the mess. He then asked if it had happened before, and it has, the 4th time since it opened in 1982. Tried to call him tonight after reading it, but no answer. He gave me the business card of his pastor, another contact since Dad is having surgery next month. Also wanted to tell him I don't plan on going to Iowa for the holiday since I have a date on Friday. Figured he might have also wanted to hear about attending the game on Monday that was moved to the Gopher stadium.
  Stayed more than an hour after my normal leave time at work as I wanted to get caught up on things. We had a potluck and I liked the cheese and crackers there. I brought a fruit tray, including pineapple, one colleague said she liked it. Volume may have slowed me down, but so did getting peppered with questions about my latest lady friend. I made the mistake of saying anything at all about it in passing to a colleague in reference to my plans for the football game. I stonewalled, saying I didn't have much to say since it's early. I later did confide in my 'work spouse' though.

No comments:

Post a Comment