Monday, December 6, 2010

Plenty of Cookies

My boss put out plenty of goodies today, Girl Scout cookies along with candy bars. Probably ate more than I should have. There was some shuffling of duties today since one colleague was out, I didn't mind it at all. Some of the printouts arrived late, and I didn't go to lunch, around 1 pm, until they were finished. Otherwise it was a fairly routine day, not too many messages waiting for me due to being out of office on Friday. There was one from my 'Ohio friend' suggesting I make a list of what I want in a mate. Currently mulling that one over, though she's usually correct about what will work for me. I said I know well now what I don't want, and it is important to know this, but I prefer positive motivations. Guess it worked for her on finding her husband-to-be. Funny how she said somebody even described him right down to the socks! I did let her know about reaching the 3rd date with somebody over the weekend, how it may be successful in spite of myself.
   Speaking of the date, I did let it leak to some of my comedian friends on Facebook, but very few specifics, so some of them asked me how it went. I said it went fine, and the 'company line' I give is that if you get me on stage I will tell the rest of the story. One of them said she was discussing lesbian sex, seemed to be a cue to leave since I know nothing about the subject. Saw somebody who hoped to get picked, but when he reminded me how he went over his time I said 'don't count on getting picked again'. It's right at the bottom of the page. In fact, a duet went over their time tonight. When one pays attention, one usually knows which ones likely will have the microphone cut off.

No comments:

Post a Comment