Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Blizzard

I ended up questioning the wisdom of where I parked after getting back from the game, as I ended up trying to get my car out for the snow ordinance and it took a long time. I left it where I didn't want to but had no choice, not wanting to get stuck again. I was not alone, as some others parked in a driveway next to some garages like I did. And they will have to get to theirs before mine, so I should be fine until morning.
   At first I didn't care much at all, staying in and waking up late. I had some unusual meals today, no breakfast and for lunch a TV dinner. Also had some more Paul Newman cookies, the last of the egg nog from the previous day, and 2 bottles of Leinenkugel beer. It was left over from a 6-pack I bought in Iowa City in late October, my former roommate said he wouldn't be drinking it. I still have 2 more to drink, as I drank 2 while at his place. I watched much of the Army-Navy football game, though I fell asleep during the second half but Navy was way ahead by then and went on to win. Also was on Facebook quite a bit. This sure is a blizzard for the ages, as it closed the airport and left a football game in doubt. The New York Giants were to play the Vikings on Sunday but their plane was diverted to Kansas City. Now the game has been moved to Monday night. I have a ticket for a Gopher hockey game, it was moved to Sunday afternoon, was scheduled for tonight. I expect to get a shovel since I didn't have one and ended up using a broom, then the scoop part of a broken shovel that was abandoned in a snowbank nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment