Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Coffee Play

I saw the coffee play, 'Triple Espresso', in Minneapolis tonight. Expected to see a play, it was more like a comedy show. The jokes were good, and enjoyed the audience participation. Liked the prompting to tell the truth, by hitting people on the side. Liked how there were many Minnesota references in it. After the play I went to pick up a package at a nearby Fedex location. It was the Insight Bowl items I had ordered, the bowl game Iowa is playing in. There was a shirt and a button. I think I still have bowl game shirts dating back to the inaugural Alamo Bowl, in 1993. The buttons of course last even longer, I think I have Rose Bowl buttons going back to 1981-82.
   Still not sure about the Bears-Vikings game. No mention has been made about tickets for the game, and apparently the league has not given their official go-ahead for playing at the Gopher stadium. I do like the idea of having temporary bleachers being brought in, but like many other ticketholders-according to the comments I see on many online articles- there are many who have questions not yet answered. Some spoke of what they paid for game and plane tickets, as I said to a colleague earlier today there are winners and losers with any change of venue.
   I found some online articles that interest me, about helping with snow removal at the Gopher (TCF) stadium. I'm thinking about helping when I have the time, which would be Saturday and Sunday. There was conflicting information though, one article said 6 hours for pay and another said 4 hours for free. It would definitely be a good story to tell, and of course write about. Especially when I have a Hawkeyes and Bears coat, I would be wearing an opponent's coat at a Gopher venue to help with a Vikings game.
   Really odd to see all of the buzz about this game being moved from the Metrodome, on Youtube I found a video called 'Hitler destroys the Dome' which was meant to be funny somehow.  Then there was the speculation about venues, 5 in all. Besides TCF, there was mention of Detroit again, Indianapolis, and 2 more college stadiums- Michigan and Ohio State. Why the last 2, I don't know. Another article mentioned Atlanta, though the plan is to play in Minnesota but issues besides tickets- like the frozen field and if beer will be served- are not yet answered and still might scuttle playing close to home. Liked seeing the videos of people helping with the snow, for me they're playing my song since I just bought a shovel after the blizzard last weekend and want to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment