Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Picking Up Fruit

I picked up a fruit tray after going to the comedy club tonight, for a company potluck. I went with the larger tray, figuring then it wouldn't run out too soon. Didn't like having to scrape the windshield since there was a coat of ice on it, hard to get that off quickly.
    For some reason I have a song stuck in my head from the drive to and from the Monday game. It is 'Umbrella' by Rihanna. It is a catchy song, and it made me chuckle to hear Jay-Z ask where she was. I liked 'Run This Town' as well. And I do recall 'SOS', an early hit, actually a cover of 'Tainted Love'. It was one I heard when I was in Detroit in 2006. The other memorable one from the drive was by whatever Sean Combs calls himself now, but I liked the backup singers more, the sentiment about 'hoping the rain will wash away the pain'.
  Still not sure when I am using the half-day, got busy with special requests today that I didn't think of asking my boss about it. Funny how a colleague misheard me when I said 'also to you' at the end of the day, sounded like 'steal to you' apparently. Same with when in the bathroom at the comedy club, 'no I'm not here to murder you, I'm just here to pee'. 'What a relief' was my response.

No comments:

Post a Comment