Thursday, December 23, 2010

Laundry Postponed, Again

I made the second attempt this week to try to get laundry done, still a no-go. Didn't get around in time at one place, just a few minutes after the 8pm cutoff. The other place still had a busted dollar bill changer, maybe I can get it done Friday before my plans in the evening. This time I think I will bring a camera to get a picture of the comedian profiles on the wall of Roseanne Barr and Brett Butler from 1989, as if there still is a problem with the equipment I see myself avoiding the place indefinitely. Nobody should blame me either, does me no good to go to a place if too many things don't work!
   Called my dad after reading the card, we discussed more baseball and football stadiums, especially the multi-purpose 'cookie cutter' era, as he had read a book recently about it.
   Odd to look up more information about the Rihanna song 'Umbrella', found out it was a hit in 2007, but this week was still the first time I had heard it. This is likely due to being a number one hit then, so it will still get plenty of airplay later on. It has a wonderful theme to it besides the captivating percussion and the 'ella' hooks in it. When it rains we go under umbrellas to ride out the storm, it provides some shelter or a haven if you will. May be one reason why it appeals to me, besides Rihanna being good-looking. I am drawn to 'diamond in the rough' stories, as I see myself as one. And reading her story sounds like another one, with her parents going through a rocky marriage and her dad's drug addiction, information I found on her Wikipedia page. I cover one ear, the left one, with my hand when I do the 'ella' hook, a way of emoting. I also like the opening by Jay-Z, which includes 'Rihanna, where you at'? I alluded to it when speaking to my work spouse today, seemed relevant as I was trying to find her. In a previous posting I spoke of my favorite songs of hers, but I left one out. It was the collaboration with Eminem, 'Love the way you lie'. I know I haven't written about Lady Gaga much recently, once joked how I was trying hard not to make this a Lady Gaga fan page. Recently I did add a better sign above the Gaga artwork I have, a reminder of what I saw at a county fair this August. In the background there was a baby saying 'goo goo gaga', I wrote this on a napkin with a marker and taped it above the artwork.
    It was a busy day at work, had a big repo request to do, 75 accounts, a big rush before yearend. One of the contracts I noticed said 'Emerson Hough Drive', figuring it was Lambs Grove, Iowa, but the contract said Newton. But it is a Newton 'suburb'. Then again I haven't written about Emerson Hough much recently either, though whenever I see anything western I think of Mr. Hough. Like when I saw the coffee play last week and one scene had somebody singing a cowboy song. Or even how the John Wayne western 'True Grit' has been remade, starring Jeff Bridges. And I added a few more Hough pages to my likes on Facebook, mostly school-related. The people on the contract no longer live there, as expected, when there was a North Carolina title attached. It took much of my day just to finish the request, needed help from my 'work spouse' to complete others. I did stay late today, but one hour unlike the 90 minutes on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment