Sunday, December 19, 2010

Picking Up Boots

I did go to Target today to pick up boots for the Bears-Vikings game on Monday. I first had to find some that were the right size, not too many for men. They were mostly for kids or women. But I found some, with a higher heel than my other shoes, and a higher top that covers my ankle. I picked up some better gloves as well, that may have been meant for women. I say this because they fit more snugly than most gloves I've had, but at this game it will be a good thing. I saw that they were black, same as the ones I had previously.
    The game of course is still a big news story, on TV tonight there was footage of the team doing a walk through and how the punter said on Twitter how it was 'unplayable' despite other officials saying it was fine. I wasn't getting comments for a while on Facebook about my plans to attend, but finally did. One comedian friend spoke of trying to unload his tickets, said I already had one. Liked seeing the footage from the 50th anniversary celebration at the convention center, unveiling the top 50 players. One of those interviewed was Bobby Moore- Ahmad Rashad. Though I knew him better as a journalist than as a football player.
    I liked watching '60 Minutes' and 'The Simpsons' tonight, as the former had a feature about people with biographical memories. It intrigued me to the level of wanting to inquire about being a part of the project. One line resonated with me, when somebody spoke of the unflattering comparisons to the 'Rain Man'. The latter show had a baseball theme, which of course I will like. And there were references to names of baseball players from the 1970s that I knew, like Dick Drago and Oscar Gamble, as well as the famous All-Star game where Pete Rose crashed into Ray Fosse.
    I wanted to do laundry after seeing these shows, but the first laundromat had a broken dollar bill changer and the other was going to close for the night within the hour. At first I said 'it will have to be moved back to Wednesday' but then I realized I still may have time after the half-day at work on Monday before heading to the football game.
   I used Taco Bell coupon #9 today for lunch. This one was notable as it was a rare one, in terms of getting a tray today instead of a plastic bag. I liked the tray more. Still a good record on getting a receipt, only twice before that I haven't. Definitely on the pace I had hoped for, wanting to be halfway through the 20 by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment