Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Big Hug

I didn't do much for most of the day until evening. Liked being able to watch some of the Bears-Jets game since those teams aren't on TV much in this area. Though I fell asleep during the second half and missed the ending, found out the Bears won. I've told myself this is more likely to happen when tired and comfortable- I was in my easy chair and was covered up with a blanket. Found out the Vikings-Eagles game has been moved back to Tuesday due to weather problems in Philadelphia. An online article I found said it will be the first NFL game on a Tuesday since 1946. I like it whenever history is referred to in these rarities, kind of like the recent college game at Wrigley Field. I kept thinking about it during today's game, since one article called it 'the long-ago home of the Bears.'
   This evening I was onstage at a comedy club I frequent, I did well as usual since I know what works and what doesn't. The club owner saw me after the show and said he often thinks what I will try for jokes is wrong, but the crowd loves it anyway. I am surprised at how it has a profound affect on people. The show-closer, or headliner, hugged me from behind after leaving the stage. He did allude to how he felt a little ill and usually hearing my jokes makes him feel better. One friend said they liked the 'self-deprecating humor', guess that is what I often will do. Did one about wearing a Chicago Blackhawks jersey, referring to the movie 'Christmas Vacation'. I did others about the football game from Monday, how the concession stand plastic made it look like a convenience store in a bad neighborhood. And how I would be fine being under Rihanna's umbrella, one of her songs, as long as the wind doesn't turn it inside out. My family, including my dad using old-school terms like 'courting' instead of 'dating'- are good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment