Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Junked 34 Pens

On Tuesday I went through my pens at work and threw out 12 of them, apparently the ink had dried up. Decided to do the same at my home tonight and threw out 34 more. I am also deciding to send some of them to work where they may get used more, especially the markers. It's good to do this every so often, more likely to find a pen that works this way. Many of them reminded me of places I had traveled to since I had bought them while traveling in cities like New Orleans.
  It was also the typical record-keeping night, and it meant writing 2 checks, a phone bill and the monthly payment on the Best Buy account. For Best Buy it meant driving over to a nearby location so I don't have to mail it and it gets posted more quickly. And I'm looking at a pile of shreddings from the junk mail I went through.
   I checked my messages and my dad called me, he said he was having colon surgery next month to take out a polyp. He had told me at Thanksgiving about having a colonoscopy scheduled. Still feels odd to tell him about dating at all, but he does ask. If there's nothing to tell, then I say so. But there is somebody of course that I have reached 3 dates with.
   We had the holiday party at work today, there was some confusion about how to get it entered properly on my timecard. I had hoped for some more lunch-type food, but all they had was little tacos and little egg rolls. Otherwise it was cut-up fruit and cookies. Would have liked seeing some cheese and crackers, especially cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment