Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Free For All?

The Vikings announced their ticket policy for Monday's game against the Bears at the Gopher stadium. It will be a general-admission event, so it's first come first serve. So it may become a free-for-all. But I have one thing in my favor, already have the day off from work. So I can show up earlier than others can. All I really need is better gloves, and some boots. I was fine at the Iowa-Minnesota game less than a month ago at the same stadium and I was warm enough except for my feet. All along I said I would much rather see the game than have a refund, looks like I will get both. Upper level tickets will be valued at $29, I paid more than that from Ticketmaster so I will get a refund of at least $20. Hard to say what kind of crowd will be there, as I heard from some coworkers who said they are turning in their tickets for a full refund. They don't want to go outside for the game since it will be cold. Guess that means fewer people will be turned away. The Vikings went all out on telling people, I found the press release online near the end of my workday but got an email and a cellphone message as well.
    At work today there was a 'fish carnival' so themed as we did the fish training. I had somebody point out the artwork in one area, since it was inspired by the collapsed Metrodome roof. It said 'fishing for a new stadium'- and I got a camera phone picture of it. The ticket policy wasn't released just yet, was taken aback at first but made me laugh a little.  I needed something since I was a little preoccupied this week wanting to know more, knowing I needed to be patient. I had went through something similar in 2002 when a Cubs-Cardinals game was called off due to Darryl Kile's death, but that was more about the when and not the where. But it taught me a lot about being patient under 'extenuating circumstances'.
   Called my college roommate tonight, he told me more about moving from Memphis to north of Philadelphia within the month. I said I would try to find him a souvenir from this historic Bears-Vikings game, since I have before. Also used Taco Bell coupon number 8 tonight, so I'm on track to be halfway done with the 20 free meals by the end of December. Picked up a pumpkin pie and some ice cream at the grocery store after that, thought about it since I could have had that flavor for a Dairy Queen Blizzard treat this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment