Monday, December 27, 2010

NFL History on Wikipedia

I saw Facebook postings from a comedian friend and it was about the chance of an NFL team with a losing record making the playoffs. I figured it had happened before, and was right- in the strike-marred 1982 season, 9 game schedule. I knew it was a notable season in terms of the league's signature rivalry, Bears-Packers, wasn't played that year as both games were wiped out by the strike. There were 2 teams with losing records, the Browns and Lions, that made the expanded 16-team playoffs at 4-5. Redskins and Raiders had the best records at 8-1, Redskins beat Dolphins in Super Bowl.
   Big crowd at the comedy club tonight, more comics than normal performing, just over 20. Nice to make it back when I had missed a few weeks, such as being at the football game last week. One comic friend brought goodies, I thanked him for that.
   I'm wondering if I'm asking too many advisors about my social life, when I seem to know fairly well how I already feel. I ended up articulating that when I needed to, unsure why I still appear wishy-washy, especially when each advisor will say something different more than likely. Facebook has changed things in the social world, good or bad. Then again, the internet has changed many things about our lives, like allowing me to write this blog and look up quick answers like I did about some NFL history.

No comments:

Post a Comment