Sunday, June 26, 2011

17 Canadian pennies

This was the final day of the convention in Detroit. We had a few things to vote on but not much was left. Had to check out of the hotel early since the shuttle took me back to the airport before the session was over, but there were 3 others with me and some left before I did.
   Notable about being at the airport was deciding to get rid of more of my Canadian pennies. so I pitched 17 more in the fountain at the Detroit airport, one at a time, on top of the 3 from when I arrived on Thursday. Decided to keep a few, but not many. Gave me a good reference point about checking the 'evolution', for lack of a better term, about every 9 years. This includes one from 1949, which was george the 6th, an odd reminder of the movie 'King's Speech' since I didn't find it again until after seeing the movie. All of the others are lizzie 2, since they are much more recent.
   I did get 2 more snoopy statue pictures for the project, at MSP airport. Had to ask for help on it but no big deal, one was in the main concourse and the other next to a playground near some of the gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment