Thursday, June 23, 2011

Detroit Convention, Day 1

Got up early this morning to get a flight to a writer convention, arrived earlier today. New delegate orientation is in a few minutes. Already met a few delegates on the airport shuttle. Liked seeing some historical markers downtown, when I went to mail a bill.
   I wanted to mail the bill before leaving town, but couldn't find the right time and place to do so since I didn't want to miss connections anywhere. I had to speak up to security about needing to make the early flight out of MSP, after another traveler did, and we re-directed to a shorter line whiuch was nice. Made it to the gate just as final boarding call was announced. Unsure if this checkpoint is available later on, or just in a pinch. Lucked out how when I arrived at Chicago O'Hare and checked the monitors for the next flight. It was at the same gate, so I did end up with enough time to go to the bathroom but little else.
    The markers were of the Shrine Circus, Salvation Army, and Christopher Columbus. I hope to find the time to get pictures of them while in town. Also saw a sculpture honoring Joe Louis, the boxer. It was his arm, with a fist already made.  

No comments:

Post a Comment