Saturday, June 11, 2011

The MGD Box

I went outside this morning to get the paper which was still in my car, saw an empty box that once held bottles of MGD. I like picking up litter, and it held plenty of it like empty water bottles. Then I walked to a big trash barrel and put it in there. And went back to sleep as I woke up earlier than I wanted to for a Saturday.
   When I finally woke up to greet the day, a few hours later, I got around to doing a Facebook posting. It tends to be infrequent as to when I give status updates, need to be inspired to do so. It was about the movie 'Super 8', I said I was disappointed when finding out it had nothing to do with the hotel chain of the same name. Read about the movie online, found out it was a sci-fi movie and I don't see many of those, except for 'Star Wars' and a little 'Star Trek'. I had heard of the movie '8mm', apparently this one is called 'Super 8' for the same reason, the film being used.
   I went to see a friend in the early afternoon, found a few more Snoopy statues, a project I am helping with. Tried to go to Wabasha Street caves in St. Paul, was turned away, informed there was a private event. Inquired about when it was available to the public again. Despite this, we still got 8 more. Two were in the Hispanic neghborhood, 3 in Woodbury, 1 on the east side, and 2 more on Grand Avenue. Pro-X Pharmacy had closed for the day, will have to try again on Sunday.
    In the evening we saw a DVD, 'One Fine Day', starring George Clooney and Michelle Pfeiffer. I liked it as it was a screwball comedy, and I like Clooney. Liked hearing multiple versions of the song that became the movie's title, one of them by Natalie Merchant. Felt bad when we were out on a  dog walk, as my date fell and ended up with a skinned knee. Since I was unable to prevent it from happening. Though I was told I could have done very little about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment