Sunday, June 5, 2011

Toy Train Museum

I went to the Toy Train (or Model Railroad) Museum in Bandana Square in St. Paul today. It was fun to see these again, brought back memories of going to a similar place near my hometown, called Trainland USA in Colfax, Iowa. I thought of my dad, as he knows railroads well, and I think he would enjoy seeing this place. I got some small souvenirs, 2 postcards and a button. Later on I went to an Old Country Buffet in nearby Roseville and was spotted by a coworker.
    After that I eventually got home and decided to redeem more of the 'cash' from answering surveys for airline miles. It had been piling up and I hadn't redeemed much until I got a message last month saying one could redeem once a month now, so now it's 1,000 miles in June after 2,000 miles in May. I plan on doing more next month, which will knock down the balance to a level where I likely won't have any redemption options for a while. Fine with me, looks like it was close to expiring near the end of the year.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment