Saturday, June 25, 2011

Banquet and Readings

Finally got to some voting on resolutions, so I liked being more active in the process. Also like hearing the debate and being more informed about what it entails and the effects. Got some more postcards from a convenience store nearby, one reminded me of a comedian friend doing a joke about 'being over a barrel'. Many are asking about me doing comedy at the party tonight, must do it if allowed as my public wants me.
    I did email the event coordinator stating my interest in doing comedy, or reading poetry. At first I was told I didn't meet the deadline, but some really wanted me to perform, so it happened. We had a few who canceled out anyway, one delegate was unable to attend as he was injured in a car/bike accident just days before the convention. I was the next-to-last performer, doing 2 poems. Seemed more appropriate to do writings as it was a writer convention. It was poems about Lady Gaga, and Emerson Hough. I started off with saying there likely is something funny about me wanting to do poetry about Lady Gaga. I said the Hough poem was more personal to me since he's my inspiration as a writer.
   With the banquet in the evening before the readings, I at first asked about tartar sauce for the fish. But then I said I didn't need it if it meant having to wait a few minutes to get it. I said it was better food than what I normally eat, as I do often eat plenty of TV dinners at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment