Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Land of Confusion

At work today there was an article about the centennial of President Reagan's birth. It made me think of the song/video by the band Genesis, called 'Land of Confusion', which made fun of Reagan. I recall it being 'spitting image' puppets, and he was dressed up like Superman.
    Two notable items arrived in the mail today, one was a critique of some poetry from a contest. One of them liked what I wrote more than the other. I was pleased that they liked the 'Ode to Lady Gaga'. I'm thinking Lady Gaga might be interested in it, so it means sending a message on Facebook. The other item was the school paper from Roosevelt High School in Minneapolis, as I had bought a 'shout out' at the Mosaic Festival last month. I decided to do a 'shout out' to Emerson Hough, who was Roosevelt's friend. And of course my inspiration as a writer.
    The writer convention is coming up soon, I have seen plenty of messages in my email account related to it. I will also want to find out what I have the time for while there besides the convention, as I also like baseball, history, and comedy.
   I did go to the comedy club of course tonight, after calling my college roommate for advice. My cellphone shut off as the battery power was gone, so I let it recharge while at the club. I was next to somebody who made a joke about my denim jacket, though I had heard them before and even shared one.

No comments:

Post a Comment