Thursday, June 9, 2011

Inundated With Resolutions

I have been inundated with resolutions related to the writer convention in Detroit soon, and decided to print as many as possible. I decided to support 2 of them, simple ones in terms of lending support to our 'brothers and sisters'. It's nice being able to read through all of the comments and be able to understand what they are and how people feel about them.
   Some of them were funny, but also 'sad but true' more than likely. One of them responded to a resolution saying that the chapter submitting it was 'making a mockery of the process'. Since their plan was to change the bylaws. It reminded me of a 'Flintstones' episode where somebody said 'can't change the bylaws' at a water buffalo lodge meeting, the lodge that Fred and Barney belonged to.
   I didn't print all of them, was running out of time since the deadlines to be a co-sponsor was coming up soon. But I did make a list, or maybe a scorecard, so I could fill in the gaps on my knowledge of which ones were already printed and which ones weren't. Since many were jsut building on previous comment threads when responding to them. This really helped me out, since I could easily write 'have it already' next to its column, and then the 'yes' or 'no' as to if I wanted to support it.

No comments:

Post a Comment