Saturday, June 4, 2011

Business Cards

Did some errand running, including ordering some new business cards today. Wanted one with a quill pen on it, looks cool. Also scouted out locations of Snoopy statues. It led to finding 6 of them, I feel good about getting the total even higher. Four of these were in Maplewood, 2 at a bank and the other 2 at a hospital. Plenty are in the suburbs, so still not that far to go find them.
   While on this search I ended up at the Liffey, a pub near the 'X', in St. Paul. I was spotted by somebody who had recognized me from doing comedy at Acme in Minneapolis. Made me feel good, though I didn't think I was famous by any means. I will be asking my comedian friends on Facebook to share their stories of fame. It does remind me of the quote by Andy Warhol, how everyone is famous for 15 minutes.
    In the evening on my date we watched a DVD, 'Return to Me', a romantic comedy starring Minnie Driver, who was in my favorite movie, 'Good Will Hunting'. I liked it as it had a setting in Chicago, and of course I once lived in the Chicago suburbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment