Thursday, June 2, 2011

4 Eminem Videos

I just watched 4 Eminem videos on Youtube, for some reason I had an urge to watch them after checking email. I must have been thinking of one in particular, 'the Real Slim Shady', where he says 'please stand up'. Sometimes we all have multiple personalities. I also watched 'Beautiful', memorable to me since the demolition of Tiger Stadium is happening in the background. Then there's 'When I'm Gone' and 'Mockingbird'. I like how the music is really personal, the most successful art tends to be the most personal I've found out. This has been proven when I'm doing comedy, and of course writing. One is best writing what they know. I thought about watching a few more but I hadn't seen most of those lately, the others are more recent like 'Need a Doctor' , 'Not Afraid', and 'Love the Way You Lie'.
   There was a meeting at work today where I was the note-taker, I take it seriously and got it done by the end of the day. Also notable was seeing a repairman who came in to service the copier, near the end of the day he asked me about favorite sports. Found out he's an ex-Chicagoan like me, so it was more than just sports that bridged the gap. I've said it many times before, we should try harder to find out what unites us instead of what divides us. The president said the same in January when in Arizona for the service after the congresswoman was wounded, and he's right.
    I hadn't called my college roommate in a while, but I did tonight as I needed advice and he was very helpful. I should probably call him more often but I try to figure things out on my own if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment