Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Artist movie

I reached 150,000 miles on my car this afternoon, while driving back from a movie in Edina, 'The Artist', a black and white movie about the end of the silent movie era. I liked seeing some actors I knew in it like James Cromwell and John Goodman. When reading the review in the paper, mention of these actors helped with deciding to go see it.
   This evening it meant getting started on cleanup, and I went through mail and got 3 small checks written and ready to be mailed. I went from 6 to 4 on my gift cards, used up the ones from Dairy Queen and Subway. Decided to get 2-for-1 Dairy Queen Blizzards  since I had a coupon available. The typical 'eat one there, take one home' happened. It was a little slick on the roads after the snow, I felt my car sliding a little. So I decided not to attend a comedy show tonight despite having a Facebook invite. There were things I needed to get caught up on anyway like going through old mail that had been filed away. Also got the dishes, recycle, and groceries done so it leaves relatively few errands for Sunday, basically just laundry. And of course seeing a movie since I got one at Redbox inside a McDonald's, but didn't get around to watching it tonight. Liked seeing 'Life to the Max' on WCCO after the late news, there was a feature about former Vikings player Fran Tarkenton. Didn't watch much of the NFL playoffs, 2 games today. I mainly watched some of the second since I was ready for the late news, New England was winning big by then over Denver.

No comments:

Post a Comment