Friday, January 27, 2012

Replacement Comedy Night

I attended a friend's comedy show tonight, the late show. He was MC, much like on open-mic night. It will largely replace a show next week that I am unable to attend due to a scheduling conflict. I liked the feeling of knowing 3 of the 4 performers onstage tonight, I knew all of them except the headliner. The feature was somebody I had seen do coemdy before, but not in a while. I liked their joke about dropping off a foreign exchange student at a Subway, who got upset when finding out it was a sandwich shop and not a train station. I hated the feeling of beign tired during the show, but I know this has happened before when I attend a late show. At the same time, I know it tends to be an easier ticket so I like going the 'path of least resistance' especially when I knew somebody who could get me in free. There are some nice perks to doing coemdy and having comedian friends. After the show I asked for a picture with the MC, as I didn't have a comedian friend in the 'ring of honor'. I don't count a tagged picture on Facebook from a show in Faribault last year, especially when the picture of me is a little unflattering. I do want a better one with that comic soon, I just need to ask for it when they're available.
  During lunch I walked over to Rice Park and I liked seeing the ice scultpures at the winter carnival. First time I can recall seeing them while still in progress so of course there were chainsaws nearby. I wanted to move up seeing them when I expect to be busy this weekend. In addition, I don't know how long they will last. If it warms up into the 40s, and it has before, then those things start melting. It was why I bought pictures taken by a professional photographer one year. Later on when I have more time, like the second weekend, I can go see the displays inside the Landmark Center. It hads given me some ideas of what buttons I wanted from previous years.

No comments:

Post a Comment