Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gameshow Skit

When I was at the comedy club tonight, a comedian friend did a gameshow skit as MC of the show. I arrived just as he was doing the skit. I don't like being late at all, but it's hard to balance this with wanting to get things done after work. Another comedian friend did a joke about somebody who wanted to be a life coach, I said it made me think of a card that was given to me at the workplace where there is a toll free number for the 'health coach'. I guess this is a byproduct of a culture that loves sports, where somebody who helps you is often called a 'coach'. Same friend has been doing a joke about the Penn State scandal, that seems to be better than the others I've heard. He refers to the Sandusky interview with Bob Costas, how this accused man has now taken away the word 'horseplay' from us. I inquired about his performance schedule coming up, but at this point I am unsure as to what shows I can go to, especially when some are out of state and I don't know what days are still open in my schedule.
   The MC later informed me about being onstage at the same club for the rest of the week, so I will have to see about getting to another show. Since I already have plans on Saturday, then Friday works better. In many ways it 'replaces' a comedy night next week that I will have to skip as I have tickets for a hockey game.

No comments:

Post a Comment