Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Contraband Movie

Went to an advance screening of 'Contraband' starring 'Marky Mark' tonight at the Southdale theater in Edina. I had seen some heist movies before, one of them was even called 'Heist', and it did remind me of those from earlier. Some seats were reserved, I recognized the name on one of them, a movie critic from the Minneapolis paper. He happens to be a Facebook friend, since we have mutual friends I found out about his page. Someone left behind plenty of popcorn, so I grabbed a handful out of the bag before I left.
   I had seen many of Wahlberg's movies before, like 'Invincible' as well as 'Fighter', and 'Departed'. So this helped on wanting to see if I could get tickets for it. I saw the email saying I had won tickets when I was in Chicago over the weekend. I had seen an ad in the Minneapolis paper on a Friday over a week ago, which spoke of entering the contest for tickets. I had done an advance screening before, the first 'Shrek' movie when I lived in suburban Chicago nearly 11 years ago. Getting in free is nice. I got a poster then, still have it. But I didn't see any at this screening for whatever reason.
   My date did cringe at times during the movie, early on I questioned if it was a good idea to have them attend with me. But I was informed later on how just horror movies weren't on their list. There was some violence in it, which led to the cringing. Since the cast was mostly men, it is definitely a 'manly movie', another reason why it appealed to me.
   When leaving I was surprised to see Alvin and the Chipmunks statues at the theater, I was surprised they made them to promote movies, usually I just see the big cardboard posters if not the common paper posters which are framed outside near the door. I had seen some movies there before, but not too often as there are closer theaters. I think I saw 'Cinderella Man' there late on a Saturday night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment