Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I Want Popcorn

I took a short lunch, wanting to make up time in advance as I was preparing for an appointment later in the week. A colleague followed up about the bus routes, and one going to the Dome also goes to the Target arenas. He had asked me for advice about buses the previous day, I did my best based on what I knew. There was one that is slow as it makes plenty of stops on University Avenue, I avoid it if I want a quick ride, and all the more reason during the light rail construction. I have taken an express bus that goes between the two cities, but I get off at the Metrodome and had no knowledge of where it went after that. I didn't need to know, I advised to get on the light rail at the Dome. But it is nice how he followed up with me, as it helpd me as well.
   At the comedy club tonight, I switched my seat twice as the server didn't see me. I wondered why I was getting passed by, and figured it would make a difference but it didn't. Then I finally went up the stairs and placed my order, I wanted some popcorn and a beer. Usually the server will come to you and ask if you need anything, then there's less of a need to be proactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment