Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lord of the Flies

Finished 'Lord of the Flies' on the bus this morning. I liked reading the end part that wasn't part of the text as it gave more background information about the book and its author. It mentioned translations of certain words like the Greek word for the devil, suggesting the Lord of the Flies was the devil. I know this depends on what edition of a book is acquired of course.
    I had dinner at a Subway sandwich shop nearby, then packed in a rush for the weekend in Chicago at the convention. I say there usually is one thing I don't pack and would have liked having, I will find out soon enough what this item or items is.
    I keep proving how I have a talent for making people laugh. This was evident when I was at the gate ready to board the plane and the agent said 'movers and shakers' after some answered the call to board. I said it was the first time I had referred to as a mover and shaker.
   The plane was a small one, a regional or commuter plane, and I was invited to take a seat in another row as the plane was just half full. I said I would like it even better if I was upgraded to first-class, the attendant said it was one thing that couldn't be done. When served a drink I was called 'boss' which is still funny to me. It reminds me of being at the Eminem concert at Madison Square Garden in NYC in 2005, when somebody asked me if I was there to see that performer. I gave a succinct response: 'yep'.
    The train ride from O'Hare Airport into the city was nice. I got a little turned around after getting off at my stop, which has happened before. But what I've learned is not to panic, I knew I was close. If it looked unfamiliar after studying the route on a map in advance, then try the other direction and it worked.
   When I got to the hotel, I noticed a problem with the elevator after ordering it. The door opened and closed before I had a chance to get in, so I decided to take the stairs up to my room on 5th floor instead. There were narrow hallways, but I had to udnerstand it was a city hotel and square footage is at a premium.

No comments:

Post a Comment