Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Wisdom

A comedian friend was interested when hearing about this blog, and expected it to be called something like 'The Wisdom'. There probably is some wisdom in it, as the saying goes beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We spoke after the show, he had just finished as MC.
    I searched for some music on Youtube, and found an instrumental song called 'Music Box Dancer', I recalled hearing it often when I was younger. I am still trying to think of what triggered the memory, unless it was a recent car (specifically SUV) commercial with an instrumental song, showing the vehicle in the snow. it had some piano in it as well.
    I think a furniture store in Des Moines, known as Homemakers Plaza, liked having the song in their TV ads. When there was no words, for a while I just knew it as the 'Homemakers Plaza song'. I later found out the true title when it was on one of those ads for music compilations, 'call now', like those Time/Life infomercials for 30 minutes. But it was part of a short commercial, and offered by some other company. Also liked reading the Wikipedia article about the song, by a Canadian named Frank Mills. It was a #3 hit in America in 1979, the disco era.
    When I searched I also found an Eminem song, 'Music Box'. First time I had heard of it. There was even an "Alvin and the Chipmunks" version of the Eminem song.

No comments:

Post a Comment