Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Flanders at the Nuthouse

Tonight I saw a syndicated rerun of the 'Simpsons' that may be my favorite episode, it was when Flanders went to the nuthouse after a hurricane destroyed his home. There are so many good jokes in it, like being asked to be carried to his room kicking and screaming. Then there was the U of Minnesota spankalogical study, and how he's cured because he said he hates his parents. Of course Homer provides a good foil to Flanders here, bringing out his true feelings as Homer pushes him.
   I like finding music on Youtube, and found a version of Pearl Jam's 'Smile' that I like. The visual was of a Charlie Chaplin movie, made it more fun. Also decided to watch Chaplin's 'Great Dictator' final speech. This led to seeing 2 versions of Lincoln's Gettysburg address, recited by Jeff Daniels and Johnny Cash.
  I found out later on it made sense how Daniels would do one of these I found, as he was in a movie called 'Gettysburg' that I may have seen part of. I've seen it for sale before in stores.
  At the comedy club tonight I saw a friend who was in town from California, let them know I knew about their show Saturday but was unable to attend, already had dinner plans made. So I said I could be their 'superfan' tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment