Monday, January 16, 2012

St.Francis and The Firefighter

I saw 2 notable statues today, one was of St. Francis of Assisi in Minneapolis next to a church, St. Olaf. Another was of the firefighter memorial inside MSP airport, something that's had plenty of media attention lately. There is interest in fundraising so it can be moved to a location where the public can see it more like the state capitol. The cops (or peace officer) memorial is already at the capitol grounds. I think I had seen it at the airport before, but didn't know much about it until the media attention happened. It's in baggage claim in the main terminal next to a playground, on the end with the exit from international flights.
   I saw the former as I went into Minneapolis for a dinner date, I had the day off for the Martin Luther King holiday and my date did not. Since I am not in downtown Minneapolis much I wanted to get a good look around. I even made it over to the Bobby and Steve's near the Metrodome as I like how they have small Godfather's pizzas. They're real cheap if bought cold, so I take them home and heat them up. I bought 2, a pepperoni and sausage. I am aware of how the title sounds like 'St. George and the Dragon', I had to look it up on Wikipedia before as there had been passing references to it. The story date back to the Crusades apparently.
   I made it onstage tonight at the comedy club, first time at this club in a while. Felt good how some new jokes worked well. I did one early on about hurting my knee while falling over the weekend, I thought of it again how it had to be first after stumbling a little to get onstage.

No comments:

Post a Comment