Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chuck the Puck

I decided to 'chuck a puck' at a high school hockey game tonight. Cretin-Derham Hall played Stillwater at Charles Schulz Arena in St. Paul. Cretin won 6-4 despite trailing 3-0 after one period. Wasn't that good with the puck, but it cost just a dollar. The puck fell short of reaching the circle at center ice.
    Normally I like watching 'Big Bang Theory' tonight, but I had been checking the schedule online and said I wanted to get back to Schulz Arena. It was a big deal when I was there last year for a playoff game in February, as it became a rare Facebook posting. Tonight's game also became a posting. As a big Charlie Brown and Snoopy fan it made sense to get to this venue, since it is named for their creator. It's also nice to see the Snoopy statue inside. I know somebody who doesn't like seeing the statue roped off, as it leads to a less desirable picture, but I think it's due to wanting to discourage kids from climbing on it. I did see a kid climbing on it but didn't say anything. Another notable event, which came as no surprise, was hearing the 'Zamboni Song' by the Gear Daddies. It is a popular one to play at hockey arenas, especially when the machine is clearing the ice. When another spectator saw my Iowa Hawkeye coat I said I was a native of the state, he spoke of having an Army buddy who was an instructor there but I didn't know him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment