Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ray Kroc's 1st McDonalds

I got 2 pies from McDonald's in Des Plaines before getting on the plane back home earlier today. It was nice to remember where I had once lived, and seeing what was the same and what was different. Saw a smart phone app as a sticker on the back window of a taxicab, seemed like and odd place for one. The McDonald's I went to happened to be a true landmark, across the street from Ray Kroc's first back in 1955. I had toured it before, now a museum. But like many museums, it is mostly open during summer. I liked seeing the 1955 model cars, 4 in all, parked out front when I toured it.
  I drove around quite a bit in the rental car looking at the area, including Randhurst Mall in Mt. Prospect, which lost some anchor tenants and became a 'dead mall' so it was reinvented, now a hotel is in the middle of the site. Then there was Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, where I sometimes ate since it was close to work. I was familiar with how there is a comedy club there now, called Improv. But it appears to have no open-mic nights based on the hours of operation given.
   I had a disturbing dream this morning, I was just whaling on a teenager and said 'next time it's worse, and I will call the police'. I woke up when I had just said 'I am over 30'. Don't know what it means, though I try to analyze my own dreams. I don't see myself as being a violent person, though I was bullied when in school, and at church as well. Something I dealt with recently must have triggered it, I know I can have delayed reactions to certain events like when I eventually realized somebody was just patronizing me more than likely. This is how I felt after an exhibitor at the historian convention wanted to tease me about the hockey sweater I was wearing. But it still doesn't explain why I'm beating on a teenager in the dream.
    Even though there was 2 days worth of mail waiting, there wasn't much that was really important. It is nice to be home, as expected it didn't take long to unpack, as much of what I bring back is dirty clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment