Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Albert Beveridge

I found something on the American Historical Association site about the Albert Beveridge award, related to history books. He was a senator from Indiana in the early 20th century. It stood out in my mind as Emerson Hough dedicated one of his books to Beveridge, 'Purchase Price'. But it is hard to tell if the award is being given at the annual meeting or at some other time of the year. I would like to think it will be given out at the meeting I am attending in a few days, as there would be a bigger crowd there than at some other event more than likely.
    I sent more change to the bank earlier today and it meant putting the gallon can I have it in inside by backpack, since I didn't have the time to get it all in a smaller receptacle. But I did transfer it before getting to the bank, as I have a metal travel mug at work. I did this in an empty conference room as I didn't want anyone to ask what all the racket was. Even just a few dollars in coins can rattle a lot in a metal can.
   Made it to the comedy club tonight, had a Blue Lucy burger in addition to my regular drink. One comic did speak of the Iowa caucuses while onstage, looks like it's too close to call.
   I do recall the caucuses when growing up in Iowa, plenty of candidates liked to visit. But at the time it was in February, and fairly recently it was moved up to January as Iowa wanted to continue being first. When I participated, I was in high school. Even though I was under 18 at the time, I was able to participate as I was a month short of my birthday, so it meant I would be old enough to vote in the November election.

No comments:

Post a Comment