Tuesday, January 17, 2012

No Rear View

When I was driving to the comedy club tonight, I was in such a rush to get there that I didn't notice at first how I had no rear view since there was snow covering up much of the back glass. So when I was stopped at a light I got out my snow brush and took care of it, and got back into my car before the light changed. It may not have been like this for the entire ride, but long enough. I know there is plenty of snow on the roof that can move around when making a turn.
    I mailed some letters, 4 in all, after the show as I was too busy at lunchtime to take care of them then. Didn't want to wait much longer on sending them, especially when one was a utility bill. Picked up another quart of egg nog as well, at the grocery store there was just 9 cartons left after I chose mine. I figured there wouldn't be many left, and a good idea I went when I did. If I waited until my typical weekly grocery shopping visit over the weekend they probably would have been sold out. After I checked out the woman behind me in line asked me where I got it, she said her son liked eggnog. I said it was in the dairy section.
   Naturally, I care more about the back glass than the side mirrors. But it does make me think of a Pearl Jam song I like, called 'Rearview Mirror'. I took a drive today, to emancipate. Saw things so much clearer once you were in my rearview mirror. Seemed appropriate after hearing about being dumped a number of years back. Music can have answers when other things don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment