Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Barf-a-rama

The most memorable scene to me in the movie 'Stand By Me' was when the storyteller told about the barf-a-rama. For some reason I thought of this today, likely since I was ill just after lunch but felt fine after going to the bathroom. Thankfully it didn't affect my plans for the rest of the day, and I felt fine enough to finish thr workday. I don't like missing work if at all possible.
   Made it to the Iowa/Minnesota basketball game tonight at Williams arena, Iowa won 64-62 after trailing 32-31 at the half. Hawkeyes were trailing by 11 late in the half but found a way to cut the margin to just 1 by halftime. After falling behind some more early in the second, they tied it at 38 and I don't recall them trailing again after that. The difference to me was the foul line, as Iowa made 8 more shots from the foul line and won by just 2. They did shoot from the line more, as Minnesota committed 7 more fouls. Also notable was the Gopher band playing 3 Lady Gaga songs, 'Just Dance', 'Bad Romance', and 'Poker Face'.
    Before the game I made it over to the Dairy Queen to use a coupon I had received back in August, it was good just for this Stadium Village location. There was 4 in all, and I have until May to use them. I decided to use the one for the shake.  

No comments:

Post a Comment