Monday, January 23, 2012

Scraping Frost

I still had to scrape frost this evening before making it over to the comedy club, after doing so multiple times the previous day. Made it just in time to get signed up for the night. Parked in the lot, then re-parked on the street after finding the signup sheet. Needed to find a pen that worked, found one on the second try. I read 3 different papers, one of them USA Today, about the passing of Joe Paterno. It was a front page article. I like what I learn about famous people, and sometimes not everything is known until the obit is written.
   I know why I had to scrape again, it was due to not going anywhere by car until the evening. But I prefer avoiding this task as much as possible, it's not much fun having to reach to get all of it, or at least enough where I can see well enough to drive.
   It had been a while since I did the 'reparking' thing, but I do like saving on the parking fee if I can. When the spots on the street are free after 6pm, I like using them more. I haven't paid for parking for a while at the club, realized I didn't need to. The main thing is dodging the plows during snow emergencies, but there hasn't been near as many this winter.
    Typically I just buy the paper on Friday so I have the movie times for the weekend, but when there is an article I really want to read I will buy it on other days. I don't read it enough to have a subscription like before, I had one for the Des Moines paper when I lived in Valley Junction, for a year and a half after college in Iowa City.
  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment