Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Given Money Onstage

I went to the comedy club tonight and the headliner was given money, 120 dollars, by a crowdmember while still onstage. I tried to find him after the show to say I liked mention of movie quotes, especially 'It's not your fault'- which is from my favorite, 'Good Will Hunting'- but he went to the club owner right away and said he didn't know what to do with it. Same comic that is in town from D.C., an old friend.
   I had dinner with my date before the show, I was asked to take care of a critter on the ceiling. Not sure what it was, maybe a centipede. No idea how it got there, unless these things are coming out of the woodwork now since it's getting warmer. Likely explains why a boxelder bug later dive-bombed me in the face while at the club after the show getting signed up for stagetime next month. I said I would show up and take care of the critter if I had some dinner there. No big deal handling it, as I knocked it off  the ceiling with some toilet paper- didn't want to touch it- then saw it run on the floor. I picked it up and then flushed it down the toilet, so odds are it won't be coming back.
   On the way to the show, I picked up a memory card for my camera as I wanted to take some pictures of some trees that likely will be cut down soon since the street was lined with signs that said 'Do not park here'. Don't know if it is due to the emerald ash borer, heard plenty about it recently. I've learned this one many times before- do things now as the window of opportunity may be closing soon. It was odd how I needed help to get it down from the display as it was locked up. I didn't think those cards were valuable enough to steal, they go for around $10. But each person is different as to what they value and what value they put on things. Especially when desperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment