Friday, March 2, 2012

Girl Scout Cookies

I bought 2 boxes of Girl Scout cookies today at lunchtime. It was at 2 different tables, one of them had just sold out of Dosidos, so I just got the Tagalongs. I like the peanut butter kinds, those 2 have it. I had some of them this evening already. But I like to have them last as long as possible, when they're just a once a year thing. So I see myself waiting a few days before having any more of them.
  I went to a friend's comedy show tonight at Mall of America, the later show. I know it's easier to get into the later show, I've done it a few times before. Since most prefer the earlier show, since the later one often finishes around midnight. The friend was an opener, the headliner was a New Yorker. I liked the headliner's jokes about food, being married, and 'be a man'. The last one was in reference to how men are taught, to be strong, to grin and bear it. I liked how my friend did some of my favorite jokes, one of them I ask for each time I take the stage as I shout it. I had hoped to get a picture with my friend so it can go into the 'ring of honor' I have but he was not available after the show. Since it was late I guess I don't blame him at all. So far I have a picture of just one comedian friend. There is one with him from the Faribault show last year, tagged on Facebook, but I prefer a more flattering picture than that one. As a matter of fact, I saw somebody at this show who said he was at the Faribault show, still surprised he remembered me. He even said he took the picture for us. Something about me must be memorable, don't know what, hopefully a positive thing.
   This was a rare day in terms of the mail, as all that was received was relevant- 2 bills, a driver license, and a birthday card. I am used to some of it being junk, like nonprofits wanting money, and then shredding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment