Friday, March 16, 2012

One Republic Song

I like the drumming and the sound of the hi-hat crashing in the One Republic song 'Good Life'. It has been on the radio often lately. As usual, I like how search engines help with finding it when the radio doesn't always announce the song title and performer. The word stuck in my mind was 'hopelessly', but I had to add 'good good life' to find it.
    My colleague, the theater guy, is still fun to listen to. He spoke of making a go-cart out of a Ford F-150 pickup body and a sawmill engine. He said the speeds were 'on and off'. I was trying to think of what was appropriate for his plans for celebrating St. Patrick's Day this weekend, I said 'try not to get arrested'. It was all I could think of when he plans to drink a lot, and he did tell me about getting arrested once at a bar, though he wasn't part of the bar fight.
   At lunchtime I saw more than just Girl Scout cookies for sale, also daffodils, from the American Cancer Society, as I recall. I got another box of cookies, a  type I hadn't heard of before- 'Dulce De Leche'. Was told there was caramel in them, will have to see how it goes. It was the third box of the season, hard to say if there will be any more. I prefer to eat some more before buying another box as they are meant to be eaten. Notable was seeing no adult helping them at the table, but they were correct on the change back from a $20 when the boxes are $3.50 each.
   This evening I watched another segment of the baseball documentary with my date, Inning 6. It covered the 1940s, and it was longer than the others. It made sense why, since plenty was done about the sport during World War II, and then Jackie Robinson's debut in 1947. Quite a bit was about Ted Williams and Joe DiMaggio as well, since they played for rival teams and both had good years in 1941.

No comments:

Post a Comment