Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Two For The Show

I was onstage at the comedy club tonight, two guests came to see me. I did fine except I stayed on the first joke too long. It was the same one as the night before, but extended, about Johnny Cash. So this may have been why it was less effective, since openers should be quick and to the point. So it was 'two for the show', much like the Elvis Presley song 'Blue Suede Shoes'. Don't have any, but I have some suede shirts, I like the way they feel to the touch. Also did a birthday card joke, since my birthday is soon. Already have one greeting on Facebook.
   As usual, I think about music often. As I was leaving the club tonight, I heard the Eminem song 'My Name is Slim Shady' and I still recall the first time I heard it, back in suburban Chicago. The DJ said he would play it even though he would likely be fired. When I was driving home tonight I heard on my car radio 'Rich Girl' by Hall and Oates. It was a reminder of my weeklong vacation in Seattle in 2007, as I recall hearing it there.
    Don't know yet what I'm doing on Thursday and Friday, but there are some options. Sometimes these days are spoken for well in advance, but I don't plan on going to a comedy show. The state tournament for hockey is this week, though it doesn't work in my schedule to attend the small school final on Saturday afternoon like before. 
    After work, I liked seeing the people watching available on the bus. It was a couple and their young son. When we passed the 'X' he asked his parents if he could go see the hockey players play, the mom said no as it was too expensive. It of course depends on the event, but they have more than just NHL hockey there. I said nothing, it was none of my business. Seemed more polite to just listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment