Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Won't Be Glowing

I had a dental appointment after work, and picked up some Oscar Mayer Lunchables at a Walgreen before getting there. Reminded me of a friend's joke about those things, they're tasty. The dental assistant had me do X-rays, some of it wasn't much fun as the things I had to bite into were pinching. I said my primary physician ordered a chest X-ray last month, asked if it was too recent. I was told the radiation from it is very low, and I 'wouldn't be glowing' tonight. The fill-in DDS was quite observant, looking at my teeth I was asked if I had braces, I said I had them for most of my 2 years of junior high.
   I had to wait a little for my appointment, so I read a Sports Illustrated article about baseball, what else? It was an extensive one about Albert Pujols, now signed with the Angels. He discussed hitting like it was a science, but of course the jury is still out as to if being given a 10-year contract is a good idea when he's 31.
   I decided to rip up another pair of pants, they were getting frayed much like the others. So I decided to go replace one of the pairs right away at JC Penney. I arrived right before closing, and used one of the gift cards I had. While there, I liked seeing a kiddie ride that happened to be Snoopy's doghouse. I would have taken a picture of it but didn't have my camera with me. I can go back to Maplewood Mall soon, like this weekend, for the photo-op.
    As usual, I think a lot about music. While at a senior leader meeting, held 6 times a year, eventually I thought of the Anna Nalick song 'Breathe' as I like the line in it about 'And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd, cuz these words are my diary screaming out loud' nailing how I feel about writing and comedy. So this evening I found it on Youtube, but not before seeing suggestions on the front page for the Eminem song 'Elevator'. So I listened to that one as well as '8-Mile'. After this I listened to 'Breathe', with clips from the TV show 'Greys Anatomy', along with Brandi Carlile's 'The Story'. I already had found the latter video from the same show previously.  

No comments:

Post a Comment