Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fries Come With That Shake

I needed to get motivated to get up this morning. Even though I wanted to go out for breakfast it took a while to get there. I like laying around for a while on the weekend if I can. I had an Egg Mcmuffin at Mcdonald's and liked seeing a shirt on one of the employees. It said 'do fries come with that shake?' and it had animated characters on it. This may go back to the days when there were numerous Mcdonaldland characters, now it's just Ronald doing most ad campaigns and for the Ronald Mcdonald house, their official charity. There was ads up for the shamrock shakes, I like those as well. I had one this week already, and it was at a downtown location I hadn't seen before. Pleased it had a Ronald statue on a bench near the entrance for photo ops.
     For my date tonight we watched another inning of the Ken Burns baseball documentary, inning 3. It covered 1910-1920, and there was plenty about the 1919 Black Sox Scandal which happened during the World Series. I've said it before how seeing 2 movies in particular helped with the understanding of it: 'Eight Men Out', and 'Field of Dreams'. It also covered the opening of Fenway Park in Boston, and the rival league known as the Federal League. Wrigley Field in Chicago was built for Chicago's team in that league, which lasted just 2 seasons. Also liked mention of the 1914 World Series, won by the 'Miracle Braves' who went from worst to first, and beat the A's who had the 'Hundred Thousand Dollar Infield'. I had read about it in a book in elementary school, I liked how they covered subjects I was familiar with and went in depth on telling the story. Like how former star pitcher Christy Mathewson had a hunch about the World Series being fixed.
    After the 10pm news we watched 'Life to the Max' on WCCO as we wanted to see the feature about the Kodak Museum in Rochester, New York. It's a nice treasure trove of the history of photography, and not just Kodak. In the early evening I liked watching a paid TV program which was a 30-minute ad for Time/Life music, I don't buy anything but it does sharpen my knowledge of music. I was more familiar with the more recent musicians profiled like Kenny Rogers, the timeframe went back to the 1950s through the 1970s.   

No comments:

Post a Comment