Friday, March 23, 2012

Regina Spektor

It was a long day at work, was nice to see it end. There was some leftovers from the previous day's potluck, liked the Little Smokies and the Sloppy Joes so I had more of both.
   I had thought about going out to see a friend's comedy show, but decided I needed to stay in tonight and rest. Also a good idea, in terms of wanting to get caught up on things like going through receipts in my wallet. I did make it to Arby's for a fish sandwich, and to McDonald's for a Shamrock shake. On the way back, I decided to get another photo album, so I have gobbled up another one of those 'school binder' type albums I had wanted to replace. Though I still have some pictures not yet in an album, and they've been this way for a while.
   I did watch some of the college basketball tournament tonight, but the games I wanted to see- from St. Louis- were not on CBS, but TBS. I had seen the tournament there twice before, in 2007 and 2010. I did follow the scores when given, how North Carolina needed overtime to beat Ohio. Then Kansas held on to beat North Carolina State. In the game I was watching, from Atlanta, Kentucky beat Indiana. Though I could have paid more attention to it. I wanted to do things like read the paper and do the 'Photo Shuffle' and check email, so it was largely just background noise. I have been to Atlanta as well, and to that venue, the Georgia Dome. I was there in 2006, but not for the tournament. There was some Taekwondo matches, got in free.
    I am still researching Regina Spektor, the musician. The Wikipedia page said she was Russian-born. I listened to some more songs besides 'Fidelity', including 'Music Box', as well as a cover of Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah'. Oddly enough, I found the former when looking up the big instrumental hit 'Music Box Dancer'.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment