Monday, March 5, 2012

Weight Lifting Trials

After being at the comedy club tonight I went to print something at a Fedex Office near me and saw a familiar face, one of the employees. He spoke of being in Columbus, Ohio, for the Olympic trials for weight lifting. He said he also got to meet Arnold Schwarzenegger, who had plenty of bodyguards with him. I thought about leaving right after I was done but I'm not in there much, and see him even less often. So I went back in after a man who was swearing a lot went outside. I will admit that I wasn't expecting him to say this was one of his interests, based on us speaking before. He is a med student, but we all can surprise others on our interests.
    I was thrilled to get picked to go onstage at the comedy club, I was third. I don't think there was any newcomers this time. Started off with a joke I wanted to try for a while, 'who did you expect, Johnny Cash?' and it flowed real well. Write what you know is the common thing one hears, and it works best. The next comic made some reference to a character named Tobias, a friend of one of my comic friends was sitting next to me and said it was on the TV show 'Arrested Development'. We had to pause however, as on the first attempt to tell me we ended up doing an inadvertent head-butt. Had to look up this character, had seen the show before but I was familiar with other characters, played by Jason Bateman and Jeffrey Tambor. Don't know if it was meant to be flattering, but I've heard worse before.

No comments:

Post a Comment